Thursday, 21 June 2012

[Review] Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB #1

I purchased the bb cream in shade #1 Aqua Beige from Ebay. So far I have tried a few bb creams, mainly from Missha and Skin79. Which were medium coverage, whilst this one is light coverage.
I was meaning to purchase the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB a while back but was unsure whether to try this one or the Skinfood Red Orange Jelly bb cream, which has a similar texture; jelly like/water based.

Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly bb cream

Shade: #1 Aqua Beige
Packaging: Matte glass jar with a twist on lid attached to it is a spatula, sponge inside box
20 SPF PA ++
40ml (1.35 oz)
*Note the packaging is a minty green color (box and lid of jar). Editing made it turn blue.


etude house

Also received two samples. I'm looking forward to trying the Etude House one. The Face Shop sample is a cleansing foam, looks interesting.


Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly



Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly

Out of the bottle the bb cream is more yellow toned rather than gray. It blends in very well and dries matte.


Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly

Pros
Coverage is light yet evens skin tone
Controls oil; matte
No need for setting powder
Reasonably priced (purchased mine for $15)
Natural finish

Cons
Does not cover all pigmentation and pimples; concealer necessary
Clings to dry patches

UPDATE*
Just over a one months' use -- This bb cream is definitely my favourite at the moment and will remain that way for a long time. It gives enough coverage to even my skin tone from pigmentation and redness (my skin is acne prone/combination). I love the natural finish even though some flaws show through (I tend to not use concealer with the bb cream). 

It blends in very well. The product adjusts itself to match my skin tone quite well. Oxidises slightly though.

Overall, I would recommend this product to those who have normal, combination or oily skin. This bb cream controls oil very well as it is water based, giving a matte finish. As for dry skin, it would accentuate dry patches.

2 comments:

  1. where did you purchase this from? are you able to link me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased it from this user on ebay
      http://myworld.ebay.com/f2plus1/

      Delete