Thursday, 3 October 2013

[Review] Holika Holika Face 2 Change Moist Cushion BB

This is the first cushion foundation I have tried. My first impression of the product was very good, I have done away my bb creams and cc creams for the mean time. I really love the coverage, fast application and finish. Below are some images from the Holika Holika website I translated the key points of the ad.




Translation: The BB Cushion has 5 benefits in 1; whitening, reduction of wrinkles, UV protection, coverage and moisture.
The BB Cushion promises moist and dewy skin.

Comes in two shades; 01 Light beige and 02 Natural Beige



Holika Holika Cushion BB


The cushion foundation came in a bulky black compact. The foundation was separated by a pink separator and came with a sponge applicator. The pink separator is very secure to ensure that the foundation doesn't dry out. At first I had to fiddle with it, because I just couldn't open it. The easiest way of opening it is on the top right hand corner.


Holika Holika Face 2 Change Moist Cushion BB


holika holika Cushion BB

The foundation is stored beneath the sponge, when you press down with the applicator the right amount of product transfers.


holika holika Cushion BB

Sort of looks like a bee's hive up close. Anyways...  

Holika Holika Face 2 Change Moist Cushion BB

Before   ⎢⎢  After

Holika Holika Cushion BBHolika Holika Face 2 Change Moist Cushion BB


I love the finish of the cushion foundation, it's so natural yet the coverage is great. Although, I would not recommend this product or at least shade 01 for those who do not have fair skin, the shade is very light.

The oil control of this cushion foundation is great. Although the finish isn't matte but semi-matte, my face stayed oil free for 4 hours without powdering. This is a feat as other product I have tried would have gotten oily around the forehead by 2-3 hours. The cushion foundation still looks great by the end of the day minus some redness peaking through the cheeks.

This cushion foundation will be suitable for normal to combination skin. 

PROS:
Fast and easy application - the sponge applicator is awesome
Evens skin tone and brightens complexion
Covers redness, scars
Moisturising
UV protection (50SPF+ PA+++)
Semi-matte finish
Oils control
Reasonable price (under $20USD)
Little product goes a long way
Can be layered

CONS:
Slightly sticky on the face upon application but goes away

Coverage Test: 


Holika Holika Cushion BB

Holika Holika Cushion BB

Overall: ☆☆☆☆.5 / 5
The product is awesome and I definitely recommend it to those with normal to combination skin. I will certainly repurchase. Only down fall is it does slightly clings onto my dry cheeks by the end of the day. On another note I just purchased the cushion foundation from Verite can't wait until I receive it in the mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment