Monday, 8 December 2014

[Review] Innisfree Creammellow Lipstick: Swatches #2 #3 #5 #8 #9 #10

So, today I will be introducing the Innisfree Cream Mellow Lipstick! These lipsticks became a favourite very quickly. So far, I own 4 and have already purchased another 2. They are too nice to~ I first heard of this product through Pony, who is a makeup artist who does videos on youtube. I have bought countless amounts of makeup from Innisfree because of her recommendation and they look so good on her. Great marketing tactics if I must say so myself.

The packaging itself is very plain, the boxes look the same for every colour - disappointing but what can you do. The packaging of the lipstick has the colour indicator on the bottom which is very helpful. The colours are very true to the ones in the bullet.


Let's begin! Here are the swatches on my hand.

#8 Moisture Water Red, #10 Latte Brown, #9 Blueberry Burgundy, #3 Cream Coral

I have made a video of close up swatches on my lips. I tried my best to stay in focus - sorry it's hard when your camera has a noisy auto-focus - so I used manual focus.


The lipsticks have a lasting power of 3-4 hours as long as you do not eat. Drinking doesn't smear the lipstick too much but it will transfer. Re-application is necessary after eating. The lipstick glides on very smoothly to a glossy lipstick finish! LOVE!

As for the scent, it is very subtle and pleasant smell that is consistent through all the colours... a very light peach bubblegum scent.

I usually do a gradient look with these lipsticks, they are great for it.

Pros:
  • Buildable colour
  • Highly pigmented
  • Reasonably priced: $13.40USD
  • Lasting power is decent considering the finish (3-4 hours)
  • Moisturising
  • Disguises chapped lips
Cons:
  • Transfers easily

Overall, I really REALLY enjoy these lipsticks. I recommend that you at least try one! I can't say enough praises for these lipsticks. Once I receive my other 2 colours (#2 & #5) in the mail expect either another separate post or an update on this one. Here is the site I found them on if you are interested.

UPDATE**

#5 Sweet Peach Butter; #2 Cozy Vanilla Pink

#5 is a bold crimson shade that is suitable as a pop of colour with natural makeup, it really brightens the complexion. The colour in the swatch is true to the appearance on the lips! Glossy finish with no shimmer.

#2 is a peachy/coral shade that is very wearable! Very subtle shimmer and glossy finish. 

I have liked these two colours very much on top of the four I originally owned, I am very tempted to purchase the remaining shades but I shall resist. If I were to pick just one to purchase it would be #3 Cream Coral, I naturally gravitate towards this shade most frequently as it is natural, wearable and very pretty. It just gives your lips a really nice natural yet noticeable hint of colour. Did that make sense? Anyways it's just a really nice colour, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment